BUCATTINI CACIO E PEPE
This is a simple, quick, delicious pasta dish. All you need is pasta, olive oil, Parmesan, Romano Pecorino cheese and plenty of cracked black pepper. Of course, I have to embellish the presentation a bit because I think eye appeal is so important. So, I garnish with fresh Italian parsley, lemon zest, and chopped walnuts to bring out color and texture. The extra virgin olive oil, fresh herbs and walnuts are extremely good for brain and gut health. You can use Gluten Free Pasta! You can literally have this meal ready in 20 minutes! A beautiful chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio or a German Reisling is a perfect pairing. Enjoy!
8 ounces of Bucatini or linguine
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup freshly grated Romano Cheese
¼ cup Italian parsley chopped fine
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon zest
Freshly cracked black pepper as much as you want
Place a small bowl of red chili flakes on table
1 to 2 anchovy fillets if using
Pre-heat oven to 275 F. Place 4 to 6 pasta dishes into the oven to warm.
- Bring 4 quarts or water with 1 tablespoon regular table salt to a roaring boil.
- Add the Bucatini pasta and cook until just al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and shake off water.
- Pour pasta back into the pot you boiled it in. Turn heat on high add the olive oil and mix. Turn off heat.
- Remove the plates one at time from the oven using oven mitts or kitchen towel.
- Place a helping of the pasta into a heated bowl.
- Add a generous handful of Parmesan and Romano cheese over top of pasta.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of parsley, a sprinkling of lemon zest, a generous amount of freshly cracked pepper, a pinch of red chili flakes, 1 to 2 pieces of anchovies if using to garnish.